The FCT Minister, Malam Muhammad Musa Bello, says President Muhammadu Buhari, on Tuesday 21st February 2023, has approved the renewal of the appointment of Chairmen and Members of the Boards of agencies of the Federal Capital Territory Administration (FCTA).
According to a statement by his spokesman, Abubakar Sani, Bello noted that most of the appointees were reappointed for a second term in office based on their commendable performance while others replaced persons that stepped aside due to other responsibilities or political realignments.
“As provided by relevant extant laws and regulations governing the respective agencies, some of the board members are institutional representatives”, the Minister said.
Among the appointees are a foremost Town Planner and former acting Executive Secretary of the FCDA, Mrs. Zaliha’u Ahmed, who would serve as the Chairman of the FCT Urban and Regional Planning (URP) Tribunal while a renowned transportation expert and the former FCTA Transportation Secretary, Mr. Kayode Opeifa, has been appointed as the Managing Director of the Abuja Urban Mass Transit Company Ltd. (AUMTCO).
Bello, while wishing all the reappointed officials a successful term in office, further stated that AUMTCO, would be expanded to take responsibility for the Abuja Light Rail Mass Transit System.
Below is the comprehensive list of agencies’ board membership as approved by the President:
• Federal Capital Development Authority (FCDA):
The FCDA Board is headed by the Hon. Minister of FCT as Chairman while the Executive Secretary, FCDA, is to serve as Secretary of the board. Other members are: Hussaini Mongono, Haruna Hamza, Alhaji Bala Mamman, Hon. Lawrence Onuchuku, Omasan Magrete Agbajoh, Solomon Ayuba Dagami, Solomon Adebayo Jemilehin and Hadiza Ladi Abdullahi.
• Abuja Investment Company Limited (AICL): The AICL Board is headed by Mal. Yahaya Ibrahim as Chairman. Other members are: the Group Managing Director, (AICL), Representative of FCTA Economic Planning Secretariat, Representative of FCDA, Salamatu B. Umar-Eluma, Alh. Yusuf Tsayyabu, Alh. Hassan Y. Gwagwa, Mamuda Lawal Musawa, Joash Ojo Amupitan and A’isha Ismail Mukhtar. Others are: Pius Odioko Ovbije, Kabiru Usman, Hon. Osita Opara and Kabir Muhammad Dankaura.
• Abuja Property Development Company (APDC): The APDC Board is headed by Mohammed Idris as Chairman. Other members are: the Managing Director/CEO, (APDC), Representative of Abuja Investment Company Limited (AICL), Representative of Nigerian Institute of Estate Surveyors and Valuers (NIESV), Representative of FCDA, URP Dept., Director Development Control, Hon. Yakubu Adamu, Shaban Ishaku Tete and Pastor Illoh Samuel.
• Abuja Environmental Protection Board (AEPB): The AEPB Board is headed by Dr. Engr. Bawuro Yahaya as Chairman while the Director AEPB is to serve as the Secretary. Other members are: Prof. Muhammad A. Garba, Chairman, Abaji Area Council, Chairman, Abuja Municipal Area Council, Chairman, Bwari Area Council, Chairman, Gwagwalada Area Council, Chairman Kuje Area Council and Chairman Kwali Area Council. Others are: Director of Health Services, FCTA, Director of Planning, Survey, and Land FCTA, Hashimu Sa’idu Angama and Hon. Musa I. Jatau.
• Abuja Investment and Infrastructure Centre (AIIC): The AIIC Board is headed by the Secretary, Economic Planning RG & PPP as Chairman while the Coordinator AIIC is to serve as the Secretary. Other members are: Aisha Yakubu, Felix U.C. Uzozie, Shagari Baba, Thomos Musa and Hon. Daniuma Dauda. Others are: Engr. Dahiru Dasin, Polycarp Nwabueze, Udah Ugochukwu Beke and Group Capt. Zagi Rabo Zakka.
• FCT Secondary Education Board (FCT-SEB): The FCT-SEB Board is headed by Alh. Musa Yahaya as Chairman while the Director, SEB is to serve as the Secretary. Other members are: Mr. Sunny Monedafe-Permanent Member I, Haruna Muhammad Nabayi- Permanent Member II, Chairman, Bwari Area Council, Chairman, Gwagwalada Area Council and Chairman, Kwali Area Council. Others are: Mrs. Chimezie Nwaobiara J.O., Aliyu Danjuma Kawu, Hassana Nyelang, Usman Ibrahim and Mrs. Aisha A. Jijiwa.
• FCT Scholarship Board (FCT-SB): The FCT-SB Board is headed by Barr. Yakubu Haruna Gana as Chairman while the Director, FCT Scholarship Board is to serve as the Secretary. Other members are: HRH Alh. Jibrin H. Tanko Gomo of Kuje, Representative of FCDA, Haj. Safiya Tukura and Yunusa Dantani Sarki. Others are: Mr. Mathew Bejakai, Mr. Dogo Williams, Mr. Dogara Simon Ginnade and Alh. Abbas Baba.
• Abuja Broadcasting Corporation (ABC): The ABC Board is headed by Abubakar Jijiwa as Chairman. Other members are the Managing Director, Abuja Broadcasting Corporation, Chairman, NUJ, FCT, Ayodele Samuel, Salamatu Bello Jibrin, Mr. Joshua Tokura, Comrade Adamu Muhammed, Hon. Aminu Danmaliki, Ibrahim Modibbo Hamman and Bala Muhammad. Others are: Yusuf Nuhu, mni and Ibrahim B. Magaji.
• Abuja Urban Mass Transport Company Limited (AUMTCO): The AUMTCO Board is headed by Dr. Aminu Ibrahim Gusau as Chairman. Other members are the Managing Director AUMTCO, Mr. Kayode Opeifa, two representatives of AICL, Director Transportation, FCTA and Engr. Bello Ahmed Roni.
• FCT Urban Regional Planning (URP) Tribunal: The URP Tribunal Board is headed by Mrs. Zaliha’u Ahmed fnitp as Chairman while Tpl. Chinyere Patience Ome is to serve as the Secretary. Other members are: Engr. Ali Akawu, Surv. Kazeem Ajibike, Arc. Bashir Adamu Hussaini and Barr. Timothy Peter Manjuk.
• Abuja Markets Management Limited (AMML): The AMML Board is headed by the Managing Director, Abuja Investment Company Limited (AICL) as Chairman. Other members are: the Managing Director, AMML, Abdulmalik A. Usman, Director Abuja Environmental Protection Board, Director Development Control, Representative of Economic Planning, RG&PPP Secretariat and Isa Ramat Sa’idu.