A video has emerged showing a non-Nigerian, pro-government protester in New York admitting he was induced to join in the protest, just as self-determination agitators, the Nigerian Indigenous Nationalities Alliance for Self-Determination (NINAS) say they will go ahead with the grand finale of their one-million-man freedom march at the United Nations headquarters in New York, the United States to coincide with President Muhammadu Buhari’d address the 76th Session of the UN General Assembly on Friday.
Leader of NINAS, Profesdor Banji Akintoye in a statement, on Thursday, accused the Federal Government of sponsoring a counter-protest at the United Nations Headquarters tomorrow.
He alleged that the Nigerian Government has started hiring black foreigners living in the United States of America with $500 per head to stage a Pro-Buhari and One Nigeria March opposite the United Nations Headquarters.
He vowed that the will of the people would prevail no matter how the Federal Government tries to scuttle the NINAS Grand Finale March.
Apart from Akintoye, the Secretary-General, Tony Nnadi, who represents the Lower Niger Congress and Prof. Yusuf Turaki, who represent the Middle-Belt Movement at NINAS have also jointly called on the UN to take urgent step to prevent Nigeria from descending into chaos.
NINAS, which described the 1999 Constitution as a fraud against the people of South and Middle-Belt, having been “enacted without the consent of the people,” demanded the conduct of a regional referendum so that the indigenous people can decide on their nationhood, among others.
All the indigenous people of the South and Middle-Belt in the United States and Canada have been urged to troop out in large number on Friday.
Everyday.ng reports that last week NINAS described the statement credited to the Presidency linking the ongoing Million-Man Freedom March opposite the United Nations Headquaters, New York, United States of America as an alliance between the Agitators for Self-Determination In Yoruba Land and the Indigenous People of Biafra (IPOB) as an unintelligent attempt to paint the peaceful demonstration black.
Itt said that the Presidency is fretting because it has succeeded in exposing to the world, the ongoing genocide and fraud being perpetrated by the Fulani-Controlled Nigerian Government against the peoples of the South and Middle-Belt Regions of the Country through the imposed 1999 Constitution.
Recall that the Presidency in a statement by one of the Presidential spokesmen, Mr. Garba Shehu, said it was shocking, to see “Yoruba Nation” advocates throw their lot in with Indigenous People of Biafra (IPOB).
According to the Presidency, IPOB is a designated terrorist organisation which has publicly revealed a 50,000 strong paramilitary organisation, adding that the group
regularly murders security services and innocent civilians, with a significant rise of violent attacks this year. “And it is currently attempting to hold Nigerian states hostage with orders to stay at home under threat of terror,” Shehu said, adding that the world will judge Yoruba Nation by the company it keeps.
Undaunted, however, the Chairman of NINAS, Professor Banji Akintoye, in a statement through his Communications Manager, Mr. Maxwell Adeleye, said the march it organised was to show to the world, the ordeal, suffering and subjugation of the indigenous people of the South and Middle of Nigeria in the hands of the Fulani-Controlled Nigerian Government, is a collaboration of the Members of Ilana Omo Oodua representing the Yoruba Land, Lower Niger Congress representing the South South and South East and Middle-Belt Rennaissance Movement representing the Middle Belt Region