By Atiku Media Office, Abuja
The Yar’Adua political family otherwise known as PDM has endorsed the presidential bid of Atiku Abubakar, presidential candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party.
The endorsement of Atiku, a founding member of the group came at the end of the group’s one-day meeting in Abuja on Thursday.
According to the communiqué at the end of the meeting at the Yar’Adua Centre, the group agreed to endorse Atiku on account of his record as a democrat and a unifier.
Find attached the communique:
After extensive consultations with members of our group, we therefore make the following proclamations:
1. That the tension that has been generated by the 2019 elections is getting to a disturbing proportion and we call on all actors in the electoral process to ensure that peace ensues before, during and after the elections.
2. We call on the security operatives to be impartial and to focus on their main mandate of preserving and protecting the lives and property of every Nigeria and foreigners alike.
3. That politicians should refrain from making insidious statements and anyone caught going against this should be duly prosecuted.
4. That after a careful observation of the socio-economic situation in the country, we have come to the inevitable conclusion of endorsing the candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), former Vice President of Nigeria, Atiku Abubakar as our consensus candidate.
5. That we demand of the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) complies strictly with the provisions of the relevant laws in its conduct of the upcoming series of elections.
6. That election monitor groups and other watchdog agencies in the conduct of the election must conduct themselves above board and ensure a hitch-free election in February 16 and on March 2, 2019.
7. That Voters should as well conduct themselves in orderly manner by casting their votes and be willing to stand to protect their votes.
We believe that the 2019 election is a landmark opportunity for Nigeria to take a decision for the growth of the nation’s economy and, consequently, the general prosperity of all Nigerians.
To this end therefore, we will continue to mobilize support for the PDP candidate, Atiku Abubakar and we as well urge all Nigerians to look at the condition of the country today in relation to the economy, unemployment, foreign affairs and other sectors and vote overwhelmingly for Atiku to get Nigeria working again.
Signed for and on behalf of the Yar’Adua Political Family (PDM):
Hon. Dubem Onyia (South East)
Chief Bode Ajewole (South West)
Chief Ejiofor Onyia (South South)
Dr Bala Ahmed Tafida (North Central)
Alhaji Kabir Bawa (North East)
Barr. Fatima Abba (North West)
Dapo Sarumi (Chairman)