Undaunted by the killings in Kogi State by alleged Fulani militia, at the behest of alleged herders, who are said to have lost cattle and their members, a group of Christians have initiated a 250,000-man prayer chain.
The latest killings took place Monday in Agbenema Ajichekpa where 10 persons, including a traditional ruler, the Onu Agbenema, Musa Edibo; and his wife were reportedlu killed.
But the Police in Kogi have debunked the story, saying only three were killed; and the traditional ruler was not part of them.
Details of the prayers released Monday on several social media platforms (everyday.ng got it on WhatsApp) showed a call for God’s own justice, peace, and prosperity in the State.
The prayers read:
“Prayer chain for our potent Kogi State. PLEASE take a short moment to pray & also pass unto your groups and contacts.
1. Father, in the Mighty name of Jesus Christ, I thank You for my life, family & the people of Kogi State. I thank You for the gospel, fertile land, population, and the resources all of which you have given Kogi State.
2. I thank You because all power belongs to You and the gates of hell cannot prevail against Your will in Kogi State.
3. Thank You because You always answer the prayers of Your obedient children.
4. I ask for forgiveness on behalf of our land and State, Kogi State.
5. Forgive us for we have not walked in Your ways.
6. I and our leaders have wandered away from Your laws.
7. I repent for all wickedness, injustice, nepotism, tribalism, hatred, bloodshed, idolatry, and having not given You Your rightful place in our State of Kogi.
8. Wherever we have exalted any idol before You, please forgive us, LORD GOD ALMIGHTY.
9. Father, have mercy. Remember mercy, O LORD GOD ALMIGHTY.
10. I contend for the destiny of Kogi State. O LORD GOD ALMIGHTY; contend with those who contend with Your believers and frustrate the devices of all who plot evil in the land. Uproot any who will not relent and need to be paralysed for Kogi State to have peace.
11. You say, ask of Me for the Kogi State of Nigeria. LORD GOD ALMIGHTY I ask for the land of Kogi State, starting from the Central, East to the West Senatorial Districts. I especially ask for the Igala, Ebira, Okun, Bassa Nge, Bassa Komu, Egbura, Ogori, Gbagyi and other indigenous ethnic groups for the One, Jesus Christ, who died for their salvation.
12. Remember Your people, O LORD GOD ALMIGHTY, those tossed about, oppressed and trampled upon by situations, hunger and thirst created by wicked men.
13. O LORD GOD ALMIGHTY, remember mercy and heal our land of Kogi State.
14. Bring the latter rains, O LORD GOD ALMIGHTY, I pray.
15. Open the flood gates of heaven and let it rain on our parched land.
16. I plead the Blood of Jesus Christ over this land and the people.
17. Let that Blood that speak better things than the blood of Abel, speak peace and progress in Kogi State.
18. Raise leaders who fear and love you like king David, judges like Samuel that are after your own heart, O LORD GOD ALMIGHTY.
19. Give us leaders chosen by You and let them be vessels to bring this land back to the fear of You, O LORD GOD ALMIGHTY.
20. Let there be peace and love for one another, between and among the various ethnic groups in Kogi State.
21. Let any power thirsting for the blood of any Kogi State person be quenched by the Blood of Jesus Christ.
22. I cancel violence and bloodshed in Kogi State, in Jesus mighty name.
23. I declare your justice to reign over this land because you will not by any means discharge the guilty.
24. I decree peace that comes with justice; prosperity that comes with your peace; and all material and spiritual blessings upon this land.
25. Reward trouble to those who trouble this land with wicked deeds.
26. Judge without mercy those who defile our land with idols, who shed innocent blood without a cause.
27. Let peace be upon Kogi State; let peace be upon the four corners of this land where you have planted us.
28. LORD GOD ALMIGHTY take the crafty in their craftiness. Those who have plotted evil schemes to overrun Kogi State with contrary ways, let their wicked schemes backfire. Let their footsoldiers be arrested like Saul/Paul and let them become mighty believers and evangelists.
29. LORD GOD ALMIGHTY, by Your mighty power, Thy Kingdom come in Kogi State, Thy will be done, Thy name be glorified, and let righteousness be exalted in Kogi State.
30. In the mighty name of Jesus Christ our Lord and Saviour, I pray. Amen.
Thank you. And may you eat the fruit of the New Kogi State of our dream in Jesus Mighty Name. Amen.”