WISDOM FOR LlVING
By Tope Banso.
“Oh come, let us sing to the Lord! Let us shout joyfully to the Rock of our salvation. Let us come before His presence with thanksgiving, let us shout joyfully to Him with psalms” (Psalm 95:1-2).
Gradually, the year 2017 is coming to an end. At this time of the year, it is only proper to look back and thank God specially for all He’s done for us this year.
No matter what you’ve passed through this year, you owe God gratitude.
That song writer says, “Count your blessings, name them one by one, count your blessings, see what God hath done! Count your blessings, name them one by one, and it will surprise you what the Lord hath done.”
That was exactly what David did in Psalm 103. He listed all the Lord had done for him and blessed his name for them.
Don’t be ungrateful to God this season of the year. If you can think, you’ll thank Him.
Here are seven things you should thank God for:
1. For your salvation and continued standing in the faith (Romans 5:1-3, Jude 24). It’s by His grace.
2. For being alive today (1Samuel 2:6, Luke 13:1-4, Lamentation 3:22, Joshua 14:10).
3. For spiritual blessings (Ephesians 1:3). Money can’t buy these.
4. For material blessings (Deuteronomy 8:18). Without God, your efforts could have been in vain (Psalm 127:1-2).
5. For the progress you’ve made (Psalms 75:6-7, 33:16-17, 1Samuel 2:7-9, Exodus 14:15).
6. For the people in your life. Your spouse, children, family members, friends, neighbours, staff, etc. Everyone who has been a blessing to you and you’ve been a blessing to (2 Timothy 4:16, 11, Philippians 2:27).
7.For God being in control of your life and working all things together for your good (Romans 8:28). But if you haven’t surrendered your life to Jesus yet, why not invite him into your heart now? He’ll work all things together for your good.
Grumblers can’t be thanksgivers, and thanksgivers are no grumblers! This season, thank God cheerfully. Forget not His benefits!
This is wisdom for living, and it’s worth sharing.
(For more inspiring messages, visit: www.cedarministry.org)
T. O. Banso,
Cedar Ministry International, Abuja, Nigeria.