Elated at the scholarly feat of his niece, Joy, at the Obafemi Awolowo University (OAU), Ile Ife, Osun State, African Development Bank President, Dr. Akinwumi Adesina, has applauded her.
Adesina took to his official Twitter page @akin_adesina and said, “I am extremely proud of my niece, Dr. Joy Adesina, who graduated as the Best Student in Medicine from the Faculty of Medicine, Obafemi Awolowo University. She bagged 10 distinctions in all, as well as Nigerian Medical Association Prize & Faculty Prize.”
Responding to Adesina’s tweet, Joy said, “Thank you for always rooting for me, cheering me on and being an inspiration.”
For a country in need of authentic heroes and heroines, Dr Joy Adesina, who has emerged as the top graduating student in Medicine at OAU), carted home stellar awards.
Her record-breaking and exceptional list of 9 top awards and 10 distinctions include the following –
1. NIGERIA MEDICAL ASSOCIATION PRIZE: To the student with the best overall result in the M.B.Ch.B degree examination
2. FACULTY PRIZE: For the candidate with the best overall Performance in the Faculty of Clinical Sciences.
3. OLANINGBE MAKANJUOLA MEMORIAL PRIZE: To the best student in Medicine and Medical Specialities in Part 111 MBChB degree examination.
4. DR. OLUYEMI O. BADERO FOUNDATION PRIZE: For the best overall student in the Bachelor of Medicine and Surgery (MBChB) Final Examination in the Faculty of Clinical Sciences
5. MAJOR GENERAL OLUFEMI OLUTOYE PRIZE: To the student with the best overall performance in the first professional examination
6. ADELINE OLU AJAYI: To the best graduating student in Physiology in the second MBChB Examination
7. GLAXO ALLENBURY PRIZE: To the student with the best result in the final M.B.Ch. B degree examination in Paediatrics
8. PAEDIATRIC ASSOCIATION OF NIGERIA PRIZE: To the student with the best result in the final M.B.Ch. B degree examination in Paediatrics
9. PROFESSOR O TAIWO MEMORIAL PRIZE: To the student with the highest mark in clinical examination in the final MB.Ch.B examination in Paediatrics
1. Distinction in Surgery
2. Distinction in Community Health
3. Distinction in Obstetrics and Gynecology
4. Distinction in Pediatrics and Child Health
5. Distinction in Dermatology
6. Distinction in Mental Health
7. Distinction in Pharmacology
8. Distinction in Anatomy
9. Distinction in Biochemistry
10 Distinction in Physiology