RESOLUTIONS OF THE KOGI WEST INITIATIVE ONE DAY SUMMIT WITH LEADERS, ELDERS AND DELEGATES FROM ACROSS LGA’S OF KOGI WEST SENATORIAL DISTRICT HELD ON SATURDAY 16TH OCTOBER, 2021 AT THE REVERTON HOTEL, LOKOJA.
The Kogi West Initiative, is an umbrella platform formed on 4th of January, 2019 solely for the development of our people in Kogi West, Convened a One Day Summit at the Reverton Hotel Lokoja, with the theme: It Is Time”.
The Summit brought together people from all works of life from the Senatorial District to start the agitation for the Governorship Seat of the State come 2023.
The Kogi West Initiative Summit’s major focus is aimed at sensitizing the people from the District on the need to peacefully demand and agitate for the Governorship Seat of Kogi State in 2023.
The Summit was attended by Leaders, Special Invitees, Delegates From the Local Government Areas of Kogi West Senatorial District, had Distinguished Sen. Tunde Ogbeha as Chairman.
The Summit discussed the need for the people of the District to be United and to speak with one voice in their demand and agitation for the Governorship Seat of the State in 2023.
The Summit took notice of the political development in the State as regard the Governorship Seat, maintained that the agitation by the District is hinged on the fact that the Governorship seat has moved from the East and to the Central, as such it is only fair and just that come 2023, the West be allowed and supported to produce the next Governor of Kogi State.
The Summit particularly observed that the East has held on to power for nineteen years, the Central would by 2023 have held on to power for eight years, thus making it necessary that the West be supported to produce the Governor in 2023.
The Summit passionately appealed on the need for people of the Senatorial District to speak with a united voice and common sense of purpose in their demand for her share of the collective patrimony called Kogi State.
After extensive deliberations, the following resolutions were arrived at the Summit:-
(1) Summit particularly observed without mincing words that Kogi West has played the Engine room and pacesetters role in the development of Kogi State since its creation.
(2) That Kogi West Senatorial District be supported to produce the next Governor of the State in 2023.
(3) The Senatorial District would continue to sensitize and peacefully engage their brothers and sisters from Kogi East and Central Senatorial District to Support the West in becoming Governor in 2023.
(4) The demand and appeal by Kogi West to be supported to produce the next Governor Summit maintained is not to declare hostilities against their brothers of the East and the Central, but to assure them that people of the West are ready to engage them and to ask for their support to rightfully claim the seat of the Governor In Kogi State in 2023.
(5) Summit Disclosed that KWI is only a platform for the agitation for the Kogi West to produce a Governor in 2023, placed on record and for emphasis that the platform is not a campaign structure but a platform for agitation for people of the Senatorial District to produce the next Governor of the State. Consequently, Summit encouraged citizens within the boundaries of Kogi West to aspire to contest for the Governorship Seat in 2023.
(6) Summit called for a standing and an all inclusive platform that would be used for lobbying, forging alliances for the agitation for the people of Kogi West Senatorial District.
(8) Summit particularly asked members to shun, put selfish and personal interest aside, work with unison to ensure that in 2023 Kogi West Senatorial District move from being a kingmaker to becoming the king.
(9) Summit notes with emphasis that the era of enticing Kogi West and playing the second fiddle with the office of the Deputy Governor’s slot is over.
(10) The Summit stressed the need for a broad based platform by Kogi West, irrespective of political affiliation to serve as a common platform to agitate, lobby and engage other parts of the State to enable the District produce the Governor in 2023.
Summit equally urge the District to adopt the strategy of crowd funding as an approach for the agitation.
(11) Summit notes the need to have an Action Plan, an Implementation and Management Committee towards the actualization of agitation for the West Senatorial District to produce a Governor by 2023, while the need to always have constant meetings to review the various stages of the agitation was advocated and agreed upon.
(12) Summit advised on the need to vigorously work towards harnessing the need to improve on the natural and human capital Development of Kogi West Senatorial District which over the years has been neglected with emphasis placed on correcting the skewed political imbalance against the Senatorial District.
(13) Summit resolves that capacity, capabilities and character should be the qualities and selling point of the would be candidate from Kogi West.
Done this day, of 16th October, 2021, Lokoja, Kogi State.
Distinguished Senator Tunde Ogbeha, CON.
(Chairman of the Summit)