By Mallam Naseer Kura, Deputy Director General, Nigeria Intervention Movement, NIM, National Secretariat, Abuja.
The National Executive Council, NEC of our great mega party, the Peoples Trust, met on Tuesday, 17th July 2018 at PT National Secretariat at Flat 3, No. 3 Water Park Road, Jahi District Abuja, FCT.
The NEC meeting was well attended by all members of the NEC of the new mega party. However, after hours of painstaking deliberations on the agenda of the meeting, NEC resolved as follows:
1. PARTY LEADERSHIP: RECOMPOSITION OF THE NEW MEGA PARTY ORGANS:
NEC observed that the Party and its leadership needed to be repositioned in preparation for the forthcoming general elections in 2019 and towards the success of the various Congresses and National Convention.
Consequently, NEC resolved, by general consensus, to recompose the organs and leadership of the People’s Trust, in view of the merger with other parties and groups, by nominating and endorsing new Protem national officers to work, in the interim, to organize the various Congresses and National Convention of the Party
New Protem National Officers endorsed by the NEC to consummate the new merger are as follows:
1. National Chairperson: Dr Olisa Agbakoba, SAN (Anambra State)
2. Deputy National Chairperson: Chief Anthony Tosan Prest (Delta State)
3. Assistant National Chairperson (North West): Alhaji Yusuf Maitama (Kano State)
4. Assistant National Chairperson (South South): Christopher Nosakhare Ebohon (Edo State)
5. Assistant National Chairperson (South East): Hon Chijioke Agu (Imo State)
6. Assistant National Chairperson (South West): Ogbeni Lanre Banjo (Ogun State)
7. Assistant National Chairperson (North East) Hon Japhet Yohana (Adamawa State)
8. Assistant National Chairman (North Central): Comrade Taiwo Otitolaye (Kogi State)
9. National Secretary: Mallam Nasser Kura (Kano State)
10. Deputy National Secretary: Mallam Khalifa Mohammed (Kano State)
11. National Publicity Secretary: Prof. Anthony Kila (Ekiti State)
12. Assistant National Publicity Secretary: Mr. Michael Egiethua (Edo State)
13. National Organizing Secretary: Hajia Khariat Animashaun-Ajiboye (Lagos State)
14. Deputy National Organizing Secretary: Bar Chris Anokam (Delta State)
15. National Financial Secretary: Engr. Ugo Meregini (Imo State)
16. Deputy National Financial Secretary: Madam Omotola Ademosu (Abuja, FCT)
17. National Auditor: Chief Goodness Asemowei (Bayelsa State)
18. Deputy National Auditor: Pastor Funke Awolowo (Ogun State)
19. National Woman Leader: Chief Mrs Juliet Oseji (Akwa Ibom)
20. Deputy National Woman Leader: Dr. Olu-Usim Wilson (Abia State)
21. National Youth Leader: Mr. Olu Adekunle (Oyo State)
22. Deputy National Youth Leader: Dr. Musa M. Musa (Jigawa State)
23. National Legal Adviser: Bar Abbah Ejembi (Benue State)
24. Deputy National Legal Adviser: Bar Paul Abhulimen(Edo State)
25. BoT Chairman: Dr. Abduljalil Tafawa Balewa (Bauchi State)
26: BoT Secretary: Chief Olarewaju Ajibulu (Rivers State)
NOTE: All Protem National Officers of the Party listed above are not expected to remain in their various positions beyond the date of the National Convention, except re elected or re affirmed by the National Convention scheduled bellow as follows
2. SCHEDULE OF CONGRESSES & NATIONAL CONVENTION OF PT
The NEC at the meeting also resolved in accordance with the provisions of the Electoral Act to put INEC on a 21 days’ notice as regards PT Congresses and National Convention for the following dates:
A. State Congresses: Friday 17th & Saturday 18th of August, 2018.
B. Local Government Areas Congresses on Friday, 24th & Saturday 25th of August, 2018.
C. Wards Congresses on Friday August 31th & Saturday 1th September 2018.
D. National Convention on Friday 7th & Saturday 8th September, 2018.
N.B: It was also resolved by NEC that all appeals arising from disputes in the Congresses and Convention shall be addressed from Tuesday to Thursday after the various elections, while the setting up of inclusive Committees to organize the various Congresses at the States, Local Government Areas and Wards and for the National Convention shall be done by the new Protem National Exco of PT in the final week of July 2018. INEC is hereby put on notice as regards our resolutions concerning the dates and schedule of the various Congresses and Convention stated above as stipulated by the electoral Act. INEC will be duly notified of the subsequent dates and schedule of our various party primary elections scheduled to take place in September, 2019.
3. FEES FOR EOI, MEMBERSHIP REGISTRATION & MONTHLY DUES
The following fees for Expression of Interest Forms for various aspirants to be eligible to vie for party positions at all levels were also agreed by NEC as follows:
Chairman – N1000
Other officers – N500
Chairman – N2000
Other officers – N1000
Chairman – N5, 000
Others – N2, 000
Chairman – N50, 000
Secretary – N10, 000
Others – N5, 000.
Membership Registration Fee: N200
Member’s Monthly Dues: N100
NB: NEC also resolved to make aside from Membership Fees and Membership Monthly Dues, EOI Fees for female and young aspirants (below 25 years of age ) half of the fees stipulated above, to encourage women and youth participation in party leadership and other elective positions in line with the youth and gender mainstreaming principle of PT
4. SUB COMMITTEES FOR CONGRESSES & NATIONAL CONVENTION
Sub Committees approved for Party Congresses and National Convention by NEC are as follows:
4. Logistics and protocol
5. Constitution & Manifesto
7. Screening & Elections
8. Appeal & Adjudication
N.B: Other guidelines for the congresses and National Convention shall be announced by the National Convention Committee as approved by NEC.
5. PARTY LOGO & MOTTO
Consequent upon the various concerns expressed by all parties, movements and groups merging into the platform of the People’s Trust for the 2019 elections, about the Party logo and Motto, NEC decided to mandate the National Working Committee, NWC to review the Party logo and Motto for the purpose of proposing new ones for the ratification at the National Convention in August 2018. Please take note that the Party Logo and Motto may change as will be approved by the National Convention.
6. FORTHCOMING GOVERNORSHIP ELECTION IN OSUN STATE
NEC also considered the forthcoming Governorship election in Osun State fixed for September 22nd 2018 and decided to conduct a consensus primary election for the party aspirants for the Governorship election on Monday July 23rd 2018 in Osun State, which has since produced, a provisional governorship candidate in Prince Aderemi Adegboyega from Ile Ife, Osun State.