By Salisu Na’inna Dambatta , Director (Information), Federal Ministry of Finance, Abuja.
The Federal Government has opened a website portal for the registration of prospective participants in its annual programme and warned applicants to disregard any website that offers alternative link for the YouWIN!Connect registration, demands money to facilitate the process or invites applicants to a meeting anywhere.
The Ministry said that applicants can register free of charge the programme website: www.youwinconnect.org.ng and explained further that no personal contact with any person is required for the registration exercise.
Meanwhile, YouWinConnect Team in the Federal Ministry of Finance has released the details of the registration procedure, gave the programme overview and objectives and listed the eligibility criteria for prospective participants.
YouWiN! Connect is an annual programme of the Federal Ministry of Finance which prepares qualified ventures for funding. These ventures are promoted by young Nigerians in target sectors that align with the government’s objective of diversifying the economy and promoting competition and transparency.
The programme also aims to support young entrepreneurs as they PLAN, START and GROW their businesses by providing Online, Radio and Television Enterprise Education. YouWiN! Connect aims to promote entrepreneurship as well as viable career options for young Nigerians thereby creating jobs and wealth.
The overall aim of the program is to provide enterprise education which will in turn drive an upswing in the performance and growth of Nigeria’s economy through:
● Competitive marketplace for funding and supporting suitable businesses that are either new or existing;
● Renewed drive and emphasis on innovation and enterprise as a culture among Nigeria’s large population of young persons,
● Spurring job creation in targeted sectors of national importance
● Enhancing skill acquisition for SMEs to improve productivity
● Enhancing tax and financial literacy of SMEs and adequately prepare them to seek financing
● Enhancing bankability of the participants by facilitating access to markets
● Providing support to industry networks and associations
1. Applicants must have post-secondary school qualification
2. Applicants must be between the ages of 18 and 40
3. Applicants must be Nigerians and resident in Nigeria
4. Applicants businesses must be domiciled in Nigeria
5. Applicants must be able to communicate effectively – speaking and writing – in English
6. Applicants must be willing to attend all trainings and mentoring exercises organized by the programme
7. Applicants must not be an employee of the Nigerian Civil Service
8. Previous YouWiN awardees are not eligible to apply
Registration by prospective applicant was opened via the program website: www.youwinconnect.org.ng on 24th July, 2017. The programme could also be followed on the following the social media accounts:
YouWinConnect registration: FG warns against fraudsters, releases registration procedure