PUTTING THE RECORDS STRAIGHT
In 2014 after the party had applied for registration, we went to court. We had some outstanding issues with INEC over our registration. By 4th of March 2015, the court gave a judgment ordering INEC to issue our certificate of registration. INEC which had a right of appeal, appealed to the court of appeal and by 8th of December, 2015, the court of appeal ABUJA dismissed the appeal and affirmed the decision of the Federal High Court.
Consequently, INEC obeyed that court order and issued us with a certificate of registration and same was handed over to us on 15th of January, 2016 through the former National Chairman and National Secretary, Arch Nya-Etok Ezekiel and Hon. Nkem Nze respectively.
By February 11th, 2017 the party had its First National Convention producing Barrister Georgina Aye Dakpokpo as the first female National Chairman of a political party in Nigeria – The party made history by this. In that same convention, other executives emerged while the party unveiled its new logo as well as its amended constitution which were ratified at the convention.
Our attention has been drawn to some actions being taken by meddlesome interlopers, lovers of chaos, confusionists, pretenders and fraudsters purporting to come from the Young Democratic Party. We want to put the following records straight:
1. The Chairman of Young Democratic Party is Barrister Georgina Dakpokpo (Mrs.) Please confirm from the official record of INEC.
2. The official logo of the Young Democratic Party is a tractor with Green and White background.
3. INEC obeyed the court order when it issued Young Democratic Party with a certificate of registration after the court of appeal case.
4. The court of appeal never at any time gave any order to INEC to backdate our certificate of registration to 2014.
5. The Young Democratic Party did not officially initiate contempt proceedings against the Chairman of INEC, Professor Mahmud Yakub. It was done by confusionists – this is ridiculous. Other court cases against INEC did not originate from our party.
6. According to our very first registered constitution, an amendment to a constitution can only be done at a convention. Hence our very first convention held February 11th, 2017 amended and ratified our constitution.
7. Notice is hereby placed that one Henry Nwanbueze was expelled from the party November 15th, 2016 while Horsfal Serbibo was never a member of the party. Hence both men are not members of Young Democratic Party. We advise the public, innocent Nigerians and influential Nigerians to beware. They do not represent Young Democratic Party in anyway whatsoever.
Please report to the nearest police station if they come to you in the name of Young Democratic Party.
8. Note that Young Democratic Party is in good terms with INEC within the provisions of the law.
Young Democratic Party disowns Nwanbueze, Serbibo